Unloading Tweak UI

Newuser1001 17:58 05 Oct 03

Page 136 of the May Mag (93) gives a link from the CD. Using this took me to a version which states it is only for XP. I use W98SE.
I eventually found a site from which I think I downloaded Tweak UI vers 1.33 and I have unzipped the file which was received. I have tried the instructions in the magazine but it asks for a disc supplied by the manufacturer. Where do I go from here please?

David

VoG II 18:03 05 Oct 03

Right click the .inf file and select Install.

Valvegrid 18:05 05 Oct 03

David,

Where did you download TweakUI from? Usually there's a readme file in the ZIP download that gives the instructions on installation, or even on the site you downloaded it from.

You can download a working version of TweakUI from here: click here

Paul.

Jester2K II 18:58 05 Oct 03

Unzip the file to a directory.

Right click the .inf file and select Install

When it asks for the disk browse to the folder you are installing from.

VoG II 19:58 05 Oct 03

Via e-mail

Thanks for your reply. There does not appear to be an ".inf" nor a Read Me file within the zipped file. There was a file with an "install" function after a right click but it asked for a computer manufacturers disk which I clearly don't have.

Any more help would be appreciated.

David

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Details
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
W98se

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sory, my instructions left something to be desired. Follow Jester 2K II's advice.

Jester2K II 20:06 05 Oct 03

Either use your Windoiws 98SE cd or look for a directory called Cabs on your Hard Drive. Usually c:\windows\options\cabs. Browse to this directory.

Jester2K II 20:14 05 Oct 03

Follow these instructions

As it says in 3.

You may encounter a glitch in the form of a prompt to insert a Win98 CD. Disregard it though, and use the dialog box's Browse feature to point Setup right back to the folder on your hard drive that contains the downloaded Tweak UI setup files

Start Here

click here

VoG II 20:25 05 Oct 03

Wouldn't want to bump into "Scot" on a dark night!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…