Unkown Virus

gill 22:09 31 Oct 03

Hi All,
Yesterday evening my AGV Virus checker splashed a notice on the monitor screen that it had found a "Trojan Horse Qhosts.dropper" (or something like that) on my computer. I ran a check
with AVG and it said that it had got rid of this virus. Does anyone know what it is and is it likely to have done any harm that I don't yet know about? Do I need to do anything else to make sure? Many thanks in advance. gill

lpen1 22:21 31 Oct 03

I am also having this problem, norton flashes that it has found the trojan dropper virus while I am connected to the web. But when I scan the system its says no virus was found. I have tried using search & destoy, that finds nothing. It is then ok for a couple of days and then norton again flashes it has found the virus. I have zone alarm on but I still keep getting this measage. I have been to nortons website and tried the removal method they suggest but with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas.

powerless 22:25 31 Oct 03
  gill 00:54 01 Nov 03

Many thanks Powerless for the information. gill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…