unknown startup program

dawnal 09:14 04 Mar 07

I get a box popping up every few seconds saying that a program, ISUSPM, has registered the executable,

c:\PROGRAM~1\COMMOM~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~\isuspm.exe-startup,

to run at startup and asking me whether I want to allow the action. I haven't been allowing the action. Am I doing the right thing?

Can anyone tell me what this is and what I should do with it?

bennyhillslovechild 09:20 04 Mar 07

isuspm.exe is a process that belongs InstallShield from Macrovision. The process automatically checks for the latest updates online. It's not a critcal component, but neither is it harmful.

dawnal 09:30 04 Mar 07

Thanks for the response.

Do you know how I can stop this message appearing? It is very irritating as it comes up every thirty seconds or so

bennyhillslovechild 09:59 04 Mar 07

You don't say what box is popping up. Is it a windows box, a firewall or other security box? If the latter, then there should be an option to allow/deny and remember that answer.

dawnal 10:13 04 Mar 07

The box has a tiltle, "StartupMonitor Warning" That is all it says. I don't know what it is but it only has two options, Yes to allow the program to run or No to stop it. I've been clicking the No button but it keeps coming back, twice while I've been typing this, in fact.

bennyhillslovechild 10:18 04 Mar 07

Well it's not a threat, but a program looking for updates for the InstallShield program, so you could allow it. That would stop the box popping up. The box is part of one of your security programs informing you that a application wishes to be added to the startup menu in case it's a threat. Personally I'd allow it, but it's up to you.

terryf 10:18 04 Mar 07

Have a look in your start up folders or do a search for isuspm* and see if this finds a shortcut which you could delete or re-name temporarily to see if that is the culprit. If you re-name, you may get a win message saying that it can't find whatever you named it to but you will then know the culprit.get

dawnal 10:43 04 Mar 07

Thanks for the help.

I've looked but I can't find it. That may be because I don't really know what I'm looking for, of course.

I think I'll just allow the damn thing as I'm getting sick of it popping up all the time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…