Unknown registry entry and....

kentylad 14:52 11 Sep 03

....files attempting to access the internet.

I have been having some very unusual applications trying to access the internet as of late which my firewall has picked up. One of the files was "zama9.exe" and the other "ubw1.exe"

I have entered both of these into a search engine and have found no results.

Also, I have found the following registry entry; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\gnobloxkxoutr

again; entered in a search engine with no luck

any ideas where they came from and how to get rid of them?

regards

Nick

The Transporter 14:59 11 Sep 03

did you mean you used an internet search engine? if you do, try typing the file names into the file search on your pc. Use it to find out where they are and what programs they belong to.

muppetmark 14:59 11 Sep 03

Have you run any spyware checks ?

alcudia 15:22 11 Sep 03

You can try searching your system for them. If found you can use properties to check the date and time of installation. Then do another search for files etc installed or created on that same date. Might reveal something.

Jester2K II 15:27 11 Sep 03

Anti Virus

Any??

Up to date?

kentylad 15:58 11 Sep 03

I have searched for them on my computer (but not registry as of yet). I haven't got any spyware (recommend any?) and I have Norton AV 2003 with all virus defenitions updated. Ran a full system scan today with no infected files found

Nick

alcudia 16:05 11 Sep 03

Spyware try this click here

alcudia 16:06 11 Sep 03

And this click here

kentylad 16:10 11 Sep 03

Spyware blaster doesn't scan for spyware am i correct? It merely prevents it from being installed which would be irrelevant for myself because it is already installed!

alcudia 16:14 11 Sep 03

Run Spybot first, that will get rid of what you have. Then run Spywareblaster to stop any more getting on.

You can also run this in tandem with Spybot in case one of them misses any. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…