Unknown process in Task manager

Koochy 12:56 23 Dec 05

Hi all,
I have just noticed a process running in windows task manager that i am unsure of. The process is csrss.exe i have been to the mcafee website and they say that the [email protected]!M681 worm Creates this file along with a long list of others which a have a few of but not all of them. I have downloaded and ran the stinger tool but it cant find any infected files. Am i just being over paranoid Please help.

Koochy

VoG II 12:57 23 Dec 05

Probably legitimate click here

Koochy 12:57 23 Dec 05

OS Windows xp home sp2
Anti virus Mcafee
Firewall Mcafee

Gongoozler 13:00 23 Dec 05

You're certainly not being too paranoid. It's important to be careful about what is running on your computer. In this case, however you are ok. I have csrss.exe running in the background on my computer, and this explains what it is click here

Koochy 13:04 23 Dec 05

I have just visited the page and it says it all but it also recommends downloading WinTasks 5 Professional for $49.99 But i have tried some of these programs before and had nothing but trouble with them what do you think???

VoG II 13:08 23 Dec 05

No you don't need WinTasks 5 Professional - I just posted the link so you could see that it can be a legitimate Windows file.

If you have McAfee AV you can be pretty confident that you are not infected.

VoG II 13:09 23 Dec 05

click here is a good site for checking on suspect processes.

Koochy 13:13 23 Dec 05

Thank you for the prompt response and help. You have put my mind at rest with this query but i know where to come if i have any more concerns.

Thanks once again.

Koochy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…