Unknown new programme installed.

Trikie 13:49 18 Sep 06

I've got a message that a new programme has been installed but I have not done it. Is there a way to identify it?( Windows XP, SP1 - SP2 later this week)

johnnyrocker 13:53 18 Sep 06

control panel add/remove progs, is it listed there?

johnny.

User-312386 14:03 18 Sep 06

whats the new programme called?

Trikie 15:07 18 Sep 06

No name given and I don't know enough to recognise all the programmes in the add/remove screen. Is there a way to identify the date that a programme was added?

rdave13 15:10 18 Sep 06

Usually if you go to start>>all programs, it is the last in the list.

Jak_1 15:13 18 Sep 06

What told you that a new program had been installed?

anskyber 15:14 18 Sep 06

This will tell you. Download and then go to installed programs. Hover over the red asterix and the dates will be revealed. click here

Trikie 15:17 18 Sep 06

Thanks. The last one listed on All Programmes is one I installed several months ago.

I got the message as a popup - same format as the ones advising an update to XP

anskyber 15:24 18 Sep 06

It could be an update of an existing program. It would therefore not necessarily appear at the end of All Programmes but stay in its original position. In Control Panel add/remove programmes ensure that "show updates" is checked at the top and have a look around. Belarc in my link will also help.

Trikie 00:04 19 Sep 06

Thanks anskeyber.I'm not having much luck - the Add/Delete Programmes screen hasn't got a "show updates" box and Belarc only has a red cross which tells me I need to install more security (SP2 I guess.)

I'll assume its an update of an existing programme and forget about it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5