Unknown keyboard shortcut

Drum 15:58 03 Jun 09

This morning while fumbling about on my desk, I accidentally dropped a small paperweight on the bottom left-hand side of my keyboard. The busy icon came up for a couple of seconds and then the screen went black. I thought I'd had a power cut, but by shaking the mouse the computer came back to life and the document I was working on was just as I left it a few seconds earlier.
I can only conclude I accidentally made some keyboard shortcut to put my PC into hibernation mode, but I don't know what it is. I've tried lots of key combinations at that end of the keyboard but can't reproduce it. Any ideas?

johndrew 16:36 03 Jun 09

You can work your way through this lot click here or click here or
click here or click here. The list goes on ...

Or just accept the paperweight stunned the keyboard for a few seconds :-))

Pineman100 18:17 03 Jun 09

I reckon johndrew is correct. You just knocked it out for a few seconds.

You could try reproducing this by dropping the paperweight on it again.

;o)

Drum 10:17 04 Jun 09

Thanks for your input, and it's been interesting looking at the links johndrew posted, but I still can't find it.
I would be a really useful feature this, and I'm sure it exists, .... somewhere!

It was the strangest event, because after the busy signal for three or so seconds, the screen went completely black, and then I could hear the hard disk running down, just like if I'd had a power cut, but rattling the mouse brought it all back to life again in reverse order and straight back into the Word document I was working on.
This is Windows XP by the way, and in spite of banging my keyboard quite a lot, I can't reproduce it.

Pineman100 14:21 04 Jun 09

Maybe this will allow you to create a similar function: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced