Unknown Graphics Card.

Lemur 22:49 14 Dec 05

I have been trying to use Google Earth but, having downloaded it, when I try to go into it, I get the error message "Unknown Graphics Card". A) How can I find out what my G.C is? and B) What can I do to get round the problem? For your information, I am on XP. I have changed my resolution to 1024 x 768 as recommended.Thanks.

VoG II 22:51 14 Dec 05
  Lemur 23:15 14 Dec 05

Thanks VoG. A mine of information has emerged but, having searched for the terms "Graphics Card" "Video card" and "Video adapter" "video accelerator", there appears not to be anything. What other terms could I try please? Also, what heading would the G.C be under?

Skills 02:32 15 Dec 05

Try everest click here

keef66 16:04 15 Dec 05

What does it say in device manager under display adapters?
(right click on my computer,>manage,>device manager)

I had some difficulty identifying the graphics card in an older pc I acquired from a colleague. Neither Belarc nor Everest would tell me enough about it, and in the end I resorted to taking it out and doing the detective work based on it's appearance and what little was printed on it. (Turned out to be a 3DFX voodoo 3) I was then able to find and download the correct drivers for it.

Lemur 18:02 15 Dec 05

Thank you all, especially keef66 who was spot on for my problem. FYI., my GC is Matrox Marvel G450. All is now well and I am enjoying Google Earth - well worth the effort. A valuable by-product of the exercise is that I now also have a very interesting and potentially useful detailed specification of my computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…