unknown format?

alanstav1970 06:22 AM 25 Jul 11
Answered

hi,does anyone know why suddenly any game i try to play even after reloading i get the message"unknown format" when i have played these games previously?i can hear soundtrack/intro? i run my pc through a tv. any help greatly received. alan

johndrew 10:06 AM 25 Jul 11

It may be the suffix (.exe or similar) has been removed somehow. You should try a repair install (reinstall over the existing software) using the original CD.

gengiscant 10:14 AM 25 Jul 11
Answer

From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run..."

Type DXDIAG in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.

DXDIAG will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.

A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a progress meter begins to advance towards the right as DXDIAG collects information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.

When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DXDIAG.TXT where it can be easily located. By default, DXDIAG will place this file on the Desktop.

alanstav1970 22:04 PM 25 Jul 11

thank you gengiscant,you are a legend!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…