Unknown files

alcudia 09:02 23 Jun 03

Please can anyone help. In my Windows folder there were more than 500 files, all of zero bytes all similarly named fffd36bb{558C7162-C525-4E78-9752-FC9C7B3990E0}. They all had the.tmp extension.
Also in my temp folder is a file named ffastlog, which has a few hundred lines just giving a date followed by "exiting." I have checked through startup details in msconfig and in Task Manager and can find nothing that appears related to these files. I have deleted all of them but on restarting two more had appeared.
Please does anyone have any idea what can be creating these files.

DieSse 09:10 23 Jun 03

If you have a program called MDM shown as loading at start-up, try disabling it. This is a common culprit for the temp files.

ffastlog, is from Findfast (a file indexing service), installed by MSOffice. You can go into Findfast in the Control panel and disable it's activities if you wish - it'll make little practical difference either way, unless you have large numbers of Office files, and a lot of useage of Office.

Jester2K II 09:11 23 Jun 03

Microsoft Find Fast - these are file generated by MS Find Fast. Usually you don't see them becuase they are hidden system files. You must have Show Hidden files on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…