Unknown File - Can I delete?

Tenacious Green 20:56 31 Oct 04

I have just noticed that in My computers Shared document folder there is a file called

PCLECHAL which is configuration settings in notepad form (All gobledegook to me) 1KB in size.

Why is it there? and can I delete it? If not where should I move it to?

And finally is there a really simple answer to this that I should have got myself?

Graham ® 21:04 31 Oct 04

I would imagine an unknown file can be safely deleted. Does it have a date that is significant?

Dan the Confused 21:17 31 Oct 04

Does it's properties tell you anything about it?

Tenacious Green 21:24 31 Oct 04

It was created 2 day's after I got my computer which was also the day my PC was restoreed to factory settings by Mesh due to Installation of SP2 which caused loads of probs. It was modified 10 days later, But I do not see any significance in these dates. Properties does not give any clues.

Dan the Confused 21:32 31 Oct 04

You could always search your registry for it and see if that gives any clues.

woodchip 21:42 31 Oct 04

can you check the file name again or is it a folder name

Tenacious Green 21:59 31 Oct 04

It is in the shared documents part of c drive and it is shown as a file i think - It shows icon of notepad with cog on it.

stalion 22:06 31 Oct 04

try a registry clean up if it is a dead file should get rid of it
click here

Tenacious Green 22:08 31 Oct 04

Have run Ccleaner today already - No issue found.
Can't for the life of me think what this is.

VoG II 22:10 31 Oct 04

Delete it, keep in the Recycle Bin for a week, then delete permanently if no ill effects.

OR as it is a tiny file and causing no problems (?), do nothing.

woodchip 22:11 31 Oct 04

If it's in shared documents folder then it should not affect your computer if you delete it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…