unknown exe file

varney 21:53 20 Jun 04

This afternoon my Norton internet security told me I had a virus which it removed, aftherwards I had a new user apear on my log in screen (running XP home edition) called IWAP_WWW's, I now find that I have an .exe file that i know nothing about called oqfonljo

Does anyone know what this is?

hugh-265156 02:06 21 Jun 04

can you remember the name of the virus norton reported? is norton up to date? if not update it and run another scan after disabling system restore maybe.

is there a user account listed for this unkonwn user in 'start/control panel/user accounts'? can you delete it?

can you delete the oqfonljo.exe?

try deleting them in safe mode if they cannot be deleted as normal.

try running adaware, spybot, stinger and cwshreader. click here click here click here click here (scroll down) update them all before running and delete anything the find.

varney 06:50 21 Jun 04

Can't remmber the virus name, it was a trojan,my virus files are up to date have removed the user account, have run spybot, haven't tried to delete the two files didn't want to incase it made ti worse. will try adawarenext, thanks for your help

varney 08:05 21 Jun 04

huggyg71, adaware found it and thought it had deleted the file, however it was still on the system. went into safe mode and managed to delete the file. thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…