'Unknown Device Identifier 1.60' - Trojan

The Spires 02:13 16 Oct 03

A few weeks ago I posted a link for 'Unknown Device Identifier 1.60' http**w*w.zhangduo.com/ this was done in good faith as the software was from a reliable site & had been used by myself without problem. On scanning after the latest database update for 'The Cleaner' click here a Trojan was identified in 'Unknown Device Identifier'. 'The Cleaner' did a repair which resulted in the 'exe of the program being deleted from my archive. 'Moosoft' have rated the Trojan 'UDI' as Destructive and can run a batch file deleting needed parts of Windows & a possible format. The information here posted is based on 'Moosoft's' diagnosis of the file infection. I have made the post because I know at least two members have downloaded the file.

Gaz 25 03:43 16 Oct 03

The batch file is Deltree, i think.

Becuase the Deltree trojan does the same.

Gaz 25 03:43 16 Oct 03

The batch file is Deltree, i think.

Becuase the Deltree trojan does the same.

Gaz 25 03:44 16 Oct 03

Sorry for the double post.

Gaz 25 03:45 16 Oct 03
  Jester2K II 08:18 16 Oct 03

Sure its not a false positive? Has ore than one AV identified it as a Trojan?

The Spires 08:44 16 Oct 03

Moosoft have called the Trojan UDI, the program is called 'Unknown Device Identifier'. They do make mistakes and I have had false positives before, I am not alleging the program has a Trojan embedded only that 'The Cleaner' detected it on two separate machines far apart. As it was labelled Destructive & I recommended to new users I felt I ought to say something. My point of view is it's deleted along with the site.

Jester2K II 08:44 16 Oct 03

The latest version of the Cleaner (Version 4 RC 1) also detects it as such. I've written to MooSoft - waiting a response...

The Spires 14:08 16 Oct 03

Conscience clear now.

Jester2K II 07:39 13 Nov 03

This is a Trojan - its just appeared on the LangaList click here e-mail under "Nice Software, Nasty Actions". If you are not a subscriber it'll be on the website in a few days or so.

The REAL app is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…