Unknown device after format

TopCat® 14:58 24 Dec 09

After doing a format and reinstall, in Device Manager, under Other Devices, there's a yellow question mark with 'unknown device' showing.

Checking its location it says "on PCI bus." The Details tab states Unkown Device - Device Instance Id - ACPI\ATK0110\1010110.

I have WinXP SP3 with all updates installed and my mobo is an Asus A8N-E. My hardware and peripherals installation is exactly as before the reinstall. Can anyone help me with this, please? TIA. TC.

retep888 15:14 24 Dec 09

Load the driver from your motherboard CD.

johndrew 15:16 24 Dec 09

It sounds like a driver problem to me. Did you use the motherboard CD to install all the drivers etc. after installing XP?

BRYNIT 15:18 24 Dec 09

I found this from a search it may help click here

TopCat® 16:42 24 Dec 09

Thanks for that link - I added the modification as mentioned and the 'unknown' has now disappeared. Great stuff!

johndrew

I didn't load drivers from my mobo CD but installed the latest ones for my board that I'd downloaded beforehand. The additional wording required to the file ATK2000.ini gave proper support for a AMD64 processor, which I have.

Thanks again everyone for the help. I owe you one! TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced