Unknown Application Icons in C:\Program Files

Chris Webster 23:01 25 Apr 06

WinXP Home, sp2.

I've been looking in my C:\Program Files and i've come across 2 'application' icons that i've not noticed before. One is called 'Delete.exe' (size 40kb) and the other is called 'SetAttrib.exe' (size 44kb), both created 22/2/2006. One says modified 30th Nov 2004, the laptop wasn't even built then. The other says modified 21st Jan 2005. There's no information for either in the 'summary' tab. I've done a full scan with Norton, Ad-Aware SE, A-Squared and Ewido and everythings coming up clean. Has anyone any idea what these application icons could be please.

Cheers Chris.

terryf 23:23 25 Apr 06

Try right clicking on the files and looking at their properties to see who which company) they belong to.

Chris Webster 23:27 25 Apr 06

I've tried that, there's no information apart from what's in my original post.

Cheers Chris.

Chris Webster 22:46 26 Apr 06

woodchip 22:52 26 Apr 06

Create a Folder and drag the application' icons into it see if it as any effect, also watch to see if a program recreates them. Reboot to try also. If you have problems, start in safe mode and restore the files etc back to where they was

Chris Webster 21:38 28 Apr 06

I think I may have solved the mystery of the 2 application icons. After a bit of rooting around I've discovered that they were created at exactly the same date and time that I installed a friends Phillips GoGear mp3 player on my laptop so I could try to get it working correctly. I think they might be left over from when I uninstalled the software I had to use to reinstall the firmware on the player.

I'll tick as resolved.

Cheers Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…