Unistalling program. I have got into a right mess

Mr. Chips 11:32 11 Jan 07

I have tried to Install and uninstall a number of times, a Freeview USB stick application which requires drivers and things which won't seem to install using their set-up programme.

The long and short of it is that I want to start again from scratch, but I have played around so much that I can't seem to shift anything now.
I have removed the drivers,
removed the directories,
run the uninstall programmes
run directory cleaner
... but all to no avail.

Is there a correct sequence to do these things ... or will one of the uninstall programmes that can be purchased sort out the problem for me.
I can't see, personally, how a new uninstall programme can help me when that application wasn't used to install it in the first place.
Oh dear ... how I do need help.

ed-0 11:37 11 Jan 07

First thing is to use system restore.

Either restore get rid of your immediate problems or try and go back far enough to before you first installed the usb stick.

System restore should go back as far as three months.

VoG II 11:40 11 Jan 07

If that doesn't work and it installed (or not!) using Windows Installer try click here

It won't uninstall it but it will make it appear to be uninstalled.

Mr. Chips 15:05 11 Jan 07

Yes Yes Yes ... but you don't realise how embarassed I am.
I thought I knew something about PC's ... but I hadn't realised the XP set its own restore points.
I thought the user had to specify them himself!

Things are not right yet .... but they are a whole lot better now, thanks to you both.

Many thanks

ed-0 16:17 11 Jan 07

Glad it helped.

Stuartli 16:19 11 Jan 07

Install the software first and then the USB stick as and when prompted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced