Unistall IE 5

Hetti 15:24 02 Feb 07

After changing to Mozilla Firefox I need to uninstall IE, but it is not listed in Add/Remove programmes or CCleaner, how can I locate and uninstall it?
Win XP pro

Technotiger 15:26 02 Feb 07

Hi, you don't really need to uninstall IE5. Lots of people, me included run both FF and IE.

Technotiger 15:27 02 Feb 07

PS - you could even have IE7 and still have Firefox.

VoG II 15:28 02 Feb 07

You need to keep it in XP. It should be IE6 and Windows won't work properly without it.

brundle 15:28 02 Feb 07

It's possible but not easy. IE is required to access Windows Updates, using Firefox will not conflict with IE at all. Unless you have a very specific reason for removing IE don't bother. In fact, you will probably need to update to IE6 in order to access updates.

Hetti 15:41 02 Feb 07

Thanks All
Did not know that I need to keep IE and thats no problem I will leave them both,

VoG

Im not sure if it is IE6 or not, it has been on my PC since I got it and I cant remember upgading it, how do I check and do the upgrade if need be?
Thanks

Technotiger 15:45 02 Feb 07
  VoG II 15:46 02 Feb 07

If it came with XP then it should be IE6. I didn't mean that you have to have the latest version but you can check your version in Help > About.

The latest version is IE7 click here

Hetti 15:52 02 Feb 07

Thanks VoG
It is IE6 I will upgrade now.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…