A unique problem connecting XP to XP via modems

RealityChk 06:44 06 Jun 06

I know, I could get PCAnywhere but maybe someone could help with this unique problem.

First, my brother and I share a dial-up account, so, we can't be on the dial-up connection at the same time.

Although he's had his XP Home Version for years about the only thing he can do is 'barely' run MS Word...

So, I'd like to dial-up his computer and 'solve' any problems he might have. :) Hopefully !!!!

I'm running XP Pro (SP2)and I've already set my Incomming Networking Connections.

What now?

Thanks in Advance . . .
RealityChk

fitshase 08:16 06 Jun 06

You need to use the Remote Assistance feature. Have a look in the help and support section of Windows XP and type in Remote Assistance. This will give you all of the details and instructions you need.

Regards

Fitshase

RealityChk 16:23 06 Jun 06

Fitshase - Thanks for timely reply ...

But Remote Assistance only gives me, Guess?

Instructions on how to use my remote for Media Center!

<chuckle> Only Microsoft would be that obtuse as to suggest that is the only subject exsisting on "Remote Assistance". Of course I could choose to use the telephone numbers for Microsoft support. Yah! for a nominal fee . . . but not so nominal.

I will however dig further into Help both on local and Micrsoft site.

Thanks again
RealityChk

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 06 Jun 06

Start - help and support - type remote assistance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…