Unique Hotmail Problem

Expat 1 11:28 06 May 08

Running Vista Home on Fujitsu Laptop. Going into My Hotmail account everything OK except I cannot delete any messages from any of the Folders, although I can delete to the Delete folder which once again will not delete from the laptop. I Have only used 4% of the 5GB storage allowance

I have run C Cleaner, Reg Scrub, Ad Aware and AVG to no avail

Now comes the unique bit.

I can log in to my Hotmail account on my desktop, Running XP Home.Delete as normal from there. But when I start up Hotmail back on the Laptop all the messages are back.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did they solve it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Expat 1 11:57 06 May 08

Uninstalling and Re-Installing Hotmail on the laptop have any detrimental effect?

Sea Urchin 12:45 06 May 08

I don't quite understand - Hotmail is a web-based email client, and as such is not installed on your PC or laptop. You may be using an email client such as Outlook or Windows Mail to access your Hotmail account.

johnnyrocker 14:24 06 May 08

i believe hotmail is now via windows live which has loads of problems anyway.

johnny

Technotiger 14:42 06 May 08

I use hotmail, but not OE. I have no problems with it, using XP.

click here

Sea Urchin 15:59 06 May 08

I learn something new every day

Expat 1 19:33 06 May 08

Sea Urchin
I understand what your saying, perhaps I worded it wrong Re Uninstalling. What I meant was can I re-configure it without any detrimental effects.

Technotiger

I too have no problem on the desktop running XP Home. The problem is on the laptop running Vista Home Premium. Looked at your link but there was/is no solution there.

Guess I will just have to use Hotmail on the desktop for now and hope Microsoft come up with a solution. Bit of a pain but at least I can still get my e-mails.

Sill open to suggestions if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks for your input Technotiger & Sea Urchin.

Expat 1

Expat 1 07:36 07 May 08

Have found the problem
I rarely ever use IE7,Always used Mozila Firefox, but just thought,I would try IE7 No problem with deleting or moving e-mails in there.

Was prompted to use it because was/am suddenly getting message when closing Firefox that it had encountered a problem and was closing down AFTER I had logged out and exited.

So the problem is with Firefox and not Hotmail.

Thanks once again for all your suggestions and advice.
Expat 1

Technotiger 08:04 07 May 08

OK - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…