uninvited quest...how can I show it the door?

JON99 23:43 18 Oct 04

I've aquired an uninvited guest called, at least as an alias, megasearch. I think it must have been loaded by an ill advised web visit by one of the kids, probally to a free ring tone site.
The programme has added two search bars to my browser and has highjacked my home page in favour of click here've deleted it to hell and back...run search after search and deleted everything that even smells like megasearch, but it still comes back with it's unrequired search bars and replacement home page. So far I've deleted exe files from the "programs" folder and the windows "system 32" and "prefetch" folders. The search tool now shows no more megasearch files but the stuff continues to replicate so it must be on there somewhere....does any one know where it might be hiding?

johnnyrocker 23:52 18 Oct 04

if xp probably in your system restore files.

johnny.

SANTOS7 23:53 18 Oct 04

click here click here click here
install and run these (CWshredder) from third link click here this will also come in very handy keep them all updated they will go a long way to keeping your pc spyware free,good luck........

VoG II 23:54 18 Oct 04

Please post a HiJackthis log click here

Please note that the latest version of HJT is at click here

You will need to post your logs in "chunks" because of the 800 word limit on this site. Please also double-space it by adding a blank line after each line of data. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…