uninvited guest

steve-252371 02:37 13 Apr 03

my desktop and taskbar has gained an icon for an adult dial up service.Ihave disabled it by running msconfig but how do i delete all its entries.

powerless 02:39 13 Apr 03

click here and click here these will remove traces of it.

Update them.

mole44 08:24 13 Apr 03

oh dear,so what sites you been on then.

y_not 08:32 13 Apr 03

My wife is a regular user of the internet - so much so that she has an email address which she uses just for the junk & crap that comes her way!

Recentl, she filled in a questionaire on a so-called "secure" site and she then began receiving similar unwanted rubbish that tried to "take over" the system.

Always worth knowing all the facts before judging someone (in my humble opinion).

Gongoozler 08:45 13 Apr 03

abacab, the icons may well just be shortcuts to a website, but if you right click on the icon and select Properties, you should be able to find the Target for the shortcut. If it is a program, you may be able to remove it via Add/remove Programs in Control Panel (depending on what operating system you are using). If Adaware or Spybot does find and remove the offending items, then it is probably also worthwhile running a registry cleaner. RegClean is good for most operating systems, but not ME or XP click here, jv16 has also been recommended on this forum and is suitable for XP, it is free for non-commercial use click here.

I have recently had to clean up a friends pc that had acquired some undesirable extra features like yours did, not as a result of visiting a naughty website, but by inadvertantly agreeing to the download of some software in order to use a totally innocent sounding facility.

muppetmark 10:42 13 Apr 03

visit click here for further information on these nasty little beggars and their removal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…