Uninterupted Power Supply

HighTower 10:57 07 Mar 03

I am looking to buy a UPS that would give my server a few minutes of life in the event of a power failure - just enough to bring it down properly.

Anyone have any recommendations?

MartinT-B 11:50 07 Mar 03

Belkin make a range I believe

click here

spikeychris 11:59 07 Mar 03

recomendations ..

The ones I use are APC. They always work, and when you consider they are sat on a bus being bounced all over with the power failing on a regular frequency they are a god send.

click here

HighTower 12:14 07 Mar 03

Thanks very much, will check the links out.

Belatucadrus 12:39 07 Mar 03

click here is another usefull link.

Webmaster 13:52 07 Mar 03

Belkin are doing an 'economy' range if you are interested. click here for more information. APC are probably better but for home use I suspect that Belkin's UPS systems are adequate enough.

Aspman 14:06 07 Mar 03

You might want to check if they come with software which automatically shuts down yout server. No use if it keeps things going for 45 minutes when you are away for the evening.

HighTower 14:09 07 Mar 03

Thanks again for all the links. The server in question will be monitored 24 hours a day as it is based in a small hotel. Some useful links and suggestions from everyone so thanks again.

spikeychris 14:27 07 Mar 03

Link to the ones I have used (and still do) click here

recap 15:19 07 Mar 03

We, like spikeychris, use the APC (Smart-UPS 700) UPS devices. They give around 15min UPS to allow you to either save your work or shut down your system safely.

spikeychris 15:41 07 Mar 03

The link didn't work try this

click here

recap I like you as well ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…