uninstalling xp

Doug4663 12:02 13 Oct 03

I had windows xp upgrade put on pc over windows 98se, my pc is not running very well at the moment when i boot up pc and start certain programes the egg timer takes ages to go im not sure what the problem could be but want to uninstall xp and go back to win98 any ideas on how i can do this? thanks you

MAJ 12:13 13 Oct 03

Apparently this is how it's done, Doug4663, I've never done it as mine is a full clean install. click here

gold 47 12:13 13 Oct 03

You should have no problem uninstalling if you have used the upgrade version go to add and remove
if you can't remove XP then you will have to reformat and install W98.
Windows XP does not work all that well if you are using Fat32 and you require 250 or 500mb of ram it is also better todo a clean install you will require the full version of XP for this, you should have also kept an eye on the avent log this will show errors on system.

spikeychris 12:14 13 Oct 03

Restart in Safe mode.

Log on using the Administrator account.

Add or Remove Programs.

In the list of installed programs, double-click Uninstall Windows XP.

NOTE: If Uninstall Windows XP is not in the list of installed programs, you must manually reinstall Windows 98 make sure to back up all of your critical data before you reinstall Windows 98.

When you receive the "Are you sure you want to uninstall Windows XP and restore your previous operating system?" message, click Yes to start the Windows XP uninstallation process.
After the Windows XP uninstallation process is finished, your computer will shutdown, restart, and then boot to 98.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…