//some 3rd party need geo

Uninstalling Windows XP Firewall

Issy 13:47 17 Jun 03

Could someone please tell me how to uninstall Windows Firewall as I want to install Zonealarm instead.

mikef. 14:04 17 Jun 03

If you right click your internet provider, open properties and under advanced, remove the tick from internet connection firewall.

Andsome 14:51 17 Jun 03

You don't need to try to uninstall it, just disable it as instructed by mikef.

1dave2 17:05 17 Jun 03

Im new to XP...is its firewall no good?

Andsome 08:35 18 Jun 03

It is very inferior, and only works one way. Whatever you do, you MUST disable it before installing another. many users of the forum use freebies, and no doubt you will get various suggestions. My own personal choice is Norton 2003 Personal Firewall.

The Spires 08:56 18 Jun 03

Adding to what Andsome has said, a firewall such as the Windows own one will allow Trojans etc to phone home, programs that may not be what they seem to pass can on information and Windows Firewall will be quite happy about it. That's why if you spend some time on the net you really need a 'proper' firewall such as Symantec click here ZoneAlarm (My Fav) click here Outpost click here click here

The Spires 08:59 18 Jun 03

Sorry the last 'click here' Is Sygate Home Firewall, it's a little difficult to find on the page but it seems I have put the download link there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…