uninstalling windows xp

blueboy1803 10:52 29 Apr 05

I have recently aquired several pc s in the czech republic. they all have Xp proffessional, or home, they have nfts. I want to uninstall windows and reinstall an english version. the help menu makes it easy, just look for xp in remove/add programs in control panel. its not there so can anyone give advice on finding and uninstalling, or wiping the hard disk clean and starting again, do i need to make start disks or boot disks first

ventanas 11:11 29 Apr 05

Use your English XP cd's to reformat the hard drives and reinstall Windows. Boot from the CD, delete the partitions, create new ones, format them and install Windows. Booting from the CD takes you through all these stages.

You will need a separate full retail version of XP for each computer. Could be expensive.

Eric10 11:25 29 Apr 05

You could try "Add other languages" in Control Panel first to add English, and then set that as the default language. You will probably be asked it insert the WinXP CD for files to be copied or if Windows was pre-installed the installation files may be on the hard drive. Other programs that are installed may need uninstalling and replacing with English versions.

Indigo 1 11:47 29 Apr 05

For that to work you would need to be able to understand the Czech language, or go through it step by step on another PC in English at the same time, duplicating every step on the Czech PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…