//some 3rd party need geo

uninstalling Windows Media Player

webber_man 19:45 20 May 03

hi,

a simple one i know - but i don't know the answer!!

i undated my media player to version 9 a couple of weeks ago and now it won't play certain .avi files that it once did. I have tried installing (or re-installing) the latest divx codecs etc. but nothing works.

The only thing i can think of is to uninstall media player and re-install an older version - yes? But the problem i have is i can't seem to find an uninstall for it. How do i uninstall this?

If anyone has any suggestions i'd be grateful - or if you can tell me what i need along with version 9 to watch .avi files.

Cheers

leo49 19:59 20 May 03

I believe the only uninstall option offered by MS with WMP9 is System Restore.There is an MS download of codecs for WMP9 - got those? I don't use it myself so can't suggest anything else,I'm afraid.

Regards

Philip2 20:01 20 May 03

You can not uninstall media player nine if you are using ME OR XP you should have checked you had a restore point before downloading it should have informed you about this.
You will have to format and reinstall your OS unless anyone else knows another way.
After downloading Media player 9 did you disable
your antivirus???

webber_man 20:09 20 May 03

what a swizz - no uninstall?!!! ok - i have a restore point so will give that a go.

cheers for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…