Uninstalling Windows 98 driver from XP

Buddy1977 21:19 08 Jan 05

I've installed the Windows 98 Driver for my Colorado Direct Scanner (D600?) on my new PC running on Windows XP, I also installed (from the same driver disc) the Taskbridge application, but I cannot get the scanner or Taskbridge to open/work, I cannot uninstall these either, I've used the uninstall button and nothing happens and I've also tried using remove programs in control Panel, but the program isn't showing up in it. Can anyone help with this please??

mattyc_92 21:22 08 Jan 05

Why didn't you format the system when installing windows xp, cause you basically done the rest (booting from cd, etc..) and the formatting thing will only take 30 minutes (depending on your hard-disk capacity)

Buddy1977 21:25 08 Jan 05

I bought the PC new with XP ready installed and I added the scanner driver, but it wasn't until I installed the driver I realised it wasn't compatible.

mattyc_92 21:39 08 Jan 05

Try system restore or use the "restore disk" to format the drive and re-install windows from it

NOTE: You will lose all your files and personal settings formatting the system, so backup your files before doing this!!!

JIM 21:57 08 Jan 05

before a "reinstall" of Windows."Systems Restore if used may come across some of the programe files and rename them during the restore"That happening would not be to much to sort out as long as you record where "systems restore" holds them before you close the window,showing poss information.

Suggest if you were thinking about a reinstall of Windows the following.

Download the following free program well recommended. Simple backup file system easy to locate and merge if ever a problem after cleanup of your registry etc.

With a bit of imput by you,it will find programs you installed(Colorado Direct/Taskbridge application) and all the files reg entries.dll's etc. Again the option to back up is there.If you decide to install and use ,take a little bit of time to understand the program. Really a invaluable tool in your situation. Beta it may say in the title of program but many a member rely on it.

Jim

RegSeeker 1.35 beta RegSeeker.zip (307 KB)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…