Uninstalling unwanted programmes

duts 11:39 11 Sep 04

I had some trial anti virus software installed on my pc which expired a long time ago, but i cannot uninstall it. I have tried 'add & remove programmes' but this says 'cannot delete programme because it may be currently in use'. I have also tried using uninstaller software & tried uninstalling in 'safe mode' but nothing works.Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 11 Sep 04

1 Clean the registry

Registry cleaner :-
Regseeker click here
TweakNow RegCleaner 1.3.2 click here
Easycleaner click here ( Use with care, It advises you to back up the registry first, this is a good idea as it cleans rather aggressively. )

2. Remove Software

Software removal :-
Smart uninstaller click here
MyUninstaller click here

rawprawn 12:09 11 Sep 04

Try Delete Doctor click here

duts 12:37 11 Sep 04

tried all the above, problem is it dosn't list the software in the uninstall windows of the various applications

topspur 13:17 11 Sep 04

duts

I've had the same problem as you and i still haven't managd to sort the problem out. I have uninstalled a few of the files but there are still around 4 that i can't. Everytime i try the 'unable to delete as program in use'. I since installed Mcafee Internet Security but then i've had problems logging onto the internet. I have been told that the problem may lie with Mcafees Firewall. But i think the only thing left for me to do is to Reformat the computer.
I hope you manage to sort yours out.

topspur 13:18 11 Sep 04

duts

I've had the same problem as you and i still haven't managd to sort the problem out. I have uninstalled a few of the files but there are still around 4 that i can't. Everytime i try the 'unable to delete as program in use'. I since installed Mcafee Internet Security but then i've had problems logging onto the internet. I have been told that the problem may lie with Mcafees Firewall. But i think the only thing left for me to do is to Reformat the computer.

topspur 13:18 11 Sep 04

duts

ensonricky 14:16 11 Sep 04

Try the website of the company that produce the trial Anti-Virus you were using. The often include removal tools for their software.

Stuartli 15:27 11 Sep 04

The particular program may have had its own uninstaller - usually listed in its Programs shortcut menu.

duts 12:12 12 Sep 04

Still no joy people, thanx anyway

quack 12:26 12 Sep 04

Try the 'Search' function on your system to locate the files and highlight and delete them from there, alternatively make a note of where they are situated and remove them by accessing the location and deleting them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…