Uninstalling TV Card Disables Anti-virus

Big Trev 22:53 14 Apr 05

I am running Windows XP SP2 on a 1.2 Gig CPU, 768Meg RAM PC.

I uninstalled my Mercury TV Card and upon rebooting discovered Norton Ineternet Security 2004(including Anti Virus) was disabled. I couldn't log into Internet Security as a "Suoervisor" in order to uninstall it and reinstall. Noerton's technical support page supplied an uninstall tool, but it gave an error message saying it had expired when I ran it.

System restore cured the problem, but I still have the TV card installed when I do that.

The TV card doesn't work very well - it keeps losing the channels after I have tuned it in.

I tried uninstalling the TV card after a diagnostic boot up, but the problem persisted.

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong and how I cure it?

Thanks.

woodchip 23:01 14 Apr 05

Just remove the card from the PCI slot then remove in Device Manager leave the software, if that is giving you grief

Big Trev 23:08 14 Apr 05

I could do that, but it is a work round rather than a solution.

I would still be interested to know why it is happening and if there is a solution that would take the TV card and it's software out of my system altogether without adveresely affecting other things.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

woodchip 23:28 14 Apr 05

It means removing and reinstalling you AV first. Remove the TV card in between. they must be sharing files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…