Uninstalling stuff prior to Win 7 Vista upgrade

exdragon 11:22 28 Jul 10

Hi - whilst waiting for the delivery of the upgrade, I thought I'd uninstall those things which the Upgrade Advisor suggests removing.

I've fallen at the first hurdle: selecting ATI Catalyst Install Manager in Add/Remove, changed the available option from Uninstall to Change or Repair. Catalyst Control Centre doesn't appear at all in Add/Remove, nor does it have its own uninstall option.

How important is it to remove these, please?

gengiscant 12:49 28 Jul 10

CCC is a pain in the bum,I have had plenty of trouble with it, but I would not worry to much.
A new CCC driver suite was posted on the 26th July, so download that ready for Windows 7.
You could try and repair then uninstall using Revo uninstaller click here is better than the windows add/remove.

exdragon 12:55 28 Jul 10

Thanks - bit confused - do I download the new one now before Win 7 and assume it will work? What would I then be repairing and uninstalling via Revo?

gengiscant 13:30 28 Jul 10

I understood by your post that you were having trouble uninstalling the Vista drivers etc,that instead of uninstal, you were seeing repair or change.

The latest drivers for your card can be installed after you install Windows 7.

By the way make sure you back up all your files before you upgrade to Windows 7.

Zeppelyn 14:08 28 Jul 10

The ATI drivers packafe for Vista and 7 are the same package. Id suggest installing the latest now as Im guessing yours are quite old if the Upgrade Advisor is saying the are incompatible.

exdragon 14:33 28 Jul 10

Hmm - installed Revo, but CCC isn't listed...

exdragon 08:02 31 Jul 10

All done and sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac