Uninstalling spy-software-systems.com

Stressed Mum 18:14 01 Dec 06

ooops - done something bad! Downloaded some software on kids PC - after paying for it on line. But once downloaded discovered not what I needed. Have received full refund - but now I am unable to uninstall it (as I didn't register it) and when I click on the help page of the software I get not registered and cannot go any further - aaaahhhh - it is a secret web catcher and email recorder - so is not listed in programmes etc and it is supposed to be totally undetectable! However, I now have all emails returned to me and am getting no where with the company. I need to get this off the pc before I get found out!! Thought of system restore but in between downloading this software I installed another one and would worry that I'll loose that. uummmm - what to do - any suggestions. (Can't access the target pc at the moment) SM :((

VoG II 18:29 01 Dec 06

I would use System Restore then reinstall the other program that you want to keep.

Stressed Mum 18:39 01 Dec 06

ok - thought you'd suggest that. Trouble is the other software is also a download now system and I'm not sure I'll be able to download it again as it only downloads on payment and I really don't want to pay again. Maybe I should contact Webwatcher and ask them to reset my account. Thanks for your advice. SM:)

VoG II 18:43 01 Dec 06

Didn't you save the downloaded file?

I have a folder in My Documents imaginatively called 'Downloads'. Everything I download goes in there and is renamed if necessary so that I can remember which program is which.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5