Uninstalling software help

14all 14:17 11 Nov 07

I am trying to uninstall some old educational software on my Granddaughters computer. The Three programmes do not show up in the Windows ME Add and Remove window and they all need the original CD to be inserted in the CD Rom drive to be able to uninstall them.

I have downloaded approximately 5 free uninstallers that say they will find all the programmes loaded on the Computer and enable me to uninstall them, although none of them have found these three programmes.

One programme “Full Marks Magic Maths” in located in the Programmes folder the other two “Teach yourself French” and “Teach yourself German” are installed in there own folders directly on the C drive.

Has anyone got any more Ideas as how I can remove these tree programmes? As all the CD’s have been thrown away.

birdface 14:28 11 Nov 07

How about start search,Type in what you are looking for and see if you can delete them from there.Then run C Cleaner that should get rid of whats left.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:31 11 Nov 07

Delete the folders and use a registry cleaner to clean any references from the registry.

click here cleaner will also clear alot of rubbish from the PC aswell.

Pamy 14:36 11 Nov 07

Go to C:\program files and delete folders from there.
Go to C:\documents ans settings \youe windows name\applicationdata\and delete folders from there (if they are there).
Go to C:\documents and settings\all users\applicationsdata\ and delete folders from there (if they are there)
Go to start and click run, type in regedit and click OK

Open the edit drop down menue and click "find"

Type in the name of the program and delete all search results.

Clean up with a program like Ccleaner (free)

Karakorum 14:37 11 Nov 07

Was 'Brute Force Uninstaller' on of the five click here

Haven't tried it but it SOUNDS like the business!

mfletch 14:38 11 Nov 07

Hi, If using XP
Click/ start
Click/ My Computer

Right click on Local disc C
Click/ open
double click on/ Program files,

They should be listed in there,

Delete what you don;t want {BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DELETE}

Then as suggested use Ccleaner to clean what;s left,

mfletch

brundle 14:43 11 Nov 07

You need to write your own script(s) for Brute Force Uninstaller. Try this; click here

Plus if they don't show up in Add/Remove they may have been written without any reference to the registry - lots of `educational` titles install that way - you can just delete the folders and shortcuts and forget about them.

brundle 14:44 11 Nov 07

* more likely if they are in a folder in the root of C:\ and not in C:\Program Files

14all 15:09 11 Nov 07

Thank you all for your quick responses

I will carry out what the majority have suggested and will use CC Cleaner to find any stray files.

Thanks Pammy for your uninstall detail

Karakorum, No, “Brute Force Uninstaller” wasn’t one of the five used.

brundle thanks for the link, but Revo Uninstaller will not run on Win ME

Fruit Bat, thanks for the CC Cleaner link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…