uninstalling software

Johny C 18:57 22 Jun 03

Hi Everyone

I have just been and downloaded american army's for my PC which is a free online game, the problem i am having is that it wont run, i get an error message stating that D3D8.DLL is missing.

This game used to run OK but we have just had the PC formatted and had to have windows reinstalled. but now the game wont play.

I cannot uninstall the game or repair it. does anybody know of any other way to uninstall this game?

Please help

Many thanks

John

muppetmark 19:04 22 Jun 03

If you have a look click here there may be some help regarding the missing Dll

hugh-265156 19:04 22 Jun 03
  Johny C 19:13 22 Jun 03

Thanks Huggyg71 & muppetmark

but i have read the forum and cant see anything about D3D8.DLL

Huggyg71 i have installed the .dll file and now get two error messages.

these are:

the D3D8.DLL file mis linked to a missing export ddrwaw.dll:Ddentry12.

and also

C:\prog files\army ops\system\armyops.exe A drive attached to the system is not functioning.

Any other ideas guys

thanks for the help so far

john

hugh-265156 19:29 22 Jun 03

ignore the ads and scroll down click here

Johny C 19:41 22 Jun 03

I have tried downloading the other DLL file but it wont let me extract it to windows\system as there is already a file there and its in use

hugh-265156 22:27 22 Jun 03

you may have better luck in safe mode.

i remember having problems some time ago with the AA download,no mater what i tried,it would`nt work.

ended up installing from a mag cover disc and it ran fine.

pick up a copy of half life for a fiver and give counterstrike a go,might be less hastle.

keith-236785 00:04 23 Jun 03

An error message containing a reference to "ddrwaw.dll" is pointing towards a graphic card driver / directx problem.

have you installed the latest drivers for your graphic card and the directx required by the game (at least directx6), try to avoid directx9 as not many graphic cards/ motherboards can support it yet.

you might also need to download new graphic card drivers from your cards web site, but if you have the cd drivers, i would use those (as the game worked before Format/Installing windows.

hugh-265156 02:25 23 Jun 03

yeah its ddraw.dll not ddrwaw.dll.

try clicking on start/run and typing dxdiag then on the display tab and run the tests.

this version of direct x is final retail and should be fine. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017