Uninstalling Software

Russ100 14:54 19 Aug 03

Can anybody recommend some software which will not only uninstal a program, but also remove the associated registry entries?

Russ100 15:18 19 Aug 03

Yes - I know. What OS I hear you asking - answer W2K Pro.

alcudia 15:25 19 Aug 03

Norton CleanSweep claims to do this, but I think you have to install through this app to get the benefit.

rawprawn 15:27 19 Aug 03

You can clear it out of the registry if W2K works the same as XP. You can try for nothing, go to Start/Run & type regedit make sure My Computer is highlighted click Edit then click Find, Type the exact name of the file you want to get rid of click Find Next. It should come up with your file & be highlighted. Delete that & ONLY THAT then click find next, & so on until it finds no more. Make a backup of your registry before you start in case of any mistakes, don't mess with anything else.

pookie 15:35 19 Aug 03

hi

i use a program 'advanced uninstaller' that was free on a windows xp mag some months back. it has options to 'add/remove program' and also to 'remove obsolete registry items'. i'll look tonight to see if it's 2000 compatible.

P

Belatucadrus 16:22 19 Aug 03

Software removal :- Smart uninstaller click here MyUninstaller click here

Russ100 21:26 20 Aug 03

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll give em a go.

JACC 23:11 20 Aug 03

Have a try with RegCleaner,free to download and easy to use...but be careful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…