Uninstalling Real Player

Channel 19:00 30 Mar 08

I got a message that an update to free player was available, but in installing it the process stopped with message "Shell executable error" and it closed.Now Real won't open, or play my music.I've installed the Alternative as recommended here, but I still have program folders containing files for Real.It's not in the Control Panel "Add/Remove programs", so how do I get rid of them ? Can I just delete them ?I have tried installing Real again from scratch but get the same error.

Acx 19:28 30 Mar 08

click here

You could run CCleaner click here before attempting to reinstall RealPlayer. It may get rid of any unwanted registry entries

ambra4 02:34 31 Mar 08

Use this program to uninstall real player it will remove all files

click here

Channel 09:47 31 Mar 08

Thanks to both.Unfortunately,there is no "Uninstall Real Player" item in the Start >Real Player folder, so I can't do that.I had already used both Norton System Works, and Ashampoo WinOptimiser,to check registry problems and I have Your Uninstaller, which doesn't show Real.I did install Revo Uninstaller to see if that showed it, but no.Before I just delete the files in the Programs>Real folder, I wonder should I do anything else?

Technotiger 09:54 31 Mar 08

You could go to Start>Search and search in All files and Folders - including hidden folders. Then from within the Search window, highlight and delete any Real files found.

Technotiger 09:56 31 Mar 08

PS - then run Ccleaner again, restart your computer and then re-install the Real Alternative.

Chris the Ancient 12:08 31 Mar 08

What a brill program! It's not one I've actually come across before.

I've now loaded it and found that there was loads of stuff that I thought had been uninstalled - and wasn't! It is now.

CtA

Channel 17:38 31 Mar 08

Thanks, Technotiger, I have followed your advice and deleted Real Player.I've also kept CCleaner, as it seems preferable to my paid for programs !(and I've now installed Revo uninstaller on my laptop, as it's better than the other free one I had )

Technotiger 18:07 31 Mar 08

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…