uninstalling and re installing windows....

isaac 16:16 14 Mar 03

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a complete article about the above, I am having problems with Windows and would like to remove Windows and then reinstall completely, Just what do I need to do ?

Many thanks,

User-312386 16:20 14 Mar 03

what operating system do you have? and all the specs please

madboy33

PSF 16:24 14 Mar 03

click here

thre are a few articles on this site about installing Windows, follow the links to the version you have.

isaac 16:44 14 Mar 03

I have Windows ME at the moment, 750 athlone thunderbird, 650mb ram, and I would like to put on Windows XP professional.

THANK YOU.

isaac 16:59 14 Mar 03

SEE Above.....thanks

User-312386 17:12 14 Mar 03

1st Back up all needed files as below is a full format for XP

ok here is the easy way with XP

2nd start your computer, when it starts start tapping the delete key. You will now be in the BIOS, go into standard set up and select 1st boot drive as cd-rom. Save settings and exit.

Now place the windows XP upgrade disc in drive, this will then show you the XP set up.

When asked pop in the ME disc to validate an older version.

You will also be asked for which format you want, select NTFS with a full format.Once formatting is done, restart.Leave XP disc in drive.

Upon restart, start tapping delete key again, enter the standard BIOS and reset your 1st boot drive to HDD.Save settings and restart.

Now XP will set up your computer, this takes about 1 hour

Madboy33

isaac 17:52 14 Mar 03

thanks.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…