uninstalling programmes

leylander60 13:08 15 Oct 04

i am running xp home edition. for some reason i can not uninstall a programme(diskeeper) via the 'add/remove' in control panel.similarly,i can not install another programme via a CDRom as the same message comes up:-
'the windows installer service could not be accessed.this can occur if you are running windows in safe mode,or if the windows installer is not correctly installed.contact your support personnel for advice '.
this is a recent problem as i have had no difficulties with either of the above previously.
i have not altered any settings,to my knowledge,and have run 'scandisk' and other maintenance programmes ,to no avail.
anyone any advice or point me to support pages?

VoG II 13:17 15 Oct 04
  uisquebeathus 13:54 15 Oct 04

there is a problem with some software products replacing the windows installer files with either there own or an older version which can cause the problem you are having. The VoG microsoft link should be followed to replace and repair the damage

SEASHANTY 15:10 15 Oct 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…