Uninstalling Program

BigAl127 13:32 01 Jan 08

My speed Test by broadband choices program as suddenly stopped working. Tried all the usual like system restore, uninstalling (both from it's own uninstaller & add\remove programs) & reinstalling etc.

No matter what I try (uninstall, add\remove or repair installation) I get the following message:-

Could not load file or assembly 'sorttbls.nlp' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. --> Failure has occurred while loading a type.

There's also no entry in program files. How do I get rid of everything, so I can do a complete clean re-install of the program?

Happy New Year to all.

isca2 13:34 01 Jan 08

Have you tried re-installing it and then remove it ?

BigAl127 13:44 01 Jan 08

Yes. When I try to re-install it, I get 2 options, repair or remove the program. Whichever option I choose, I get the same error message.

In fact whatever I try, I get the same error message everytime.

BigAl127 13:44 01 Jan 08

Yes. When I try to re-install it, I get 2 options, repair or remove the program. Whichever option I choose, I get the same error message.

In fact whatever I try, I get the same error message everytime.

isca2 13:53 01 Jan 08

Have you tried running something like CCleaner ?
click here

BigAl127 17:19 01 Jan 08

Have CCleaner (v2.03.532) installed.

Have run the cleaner part, analysed then run cleaner.

Registry part. Have scanned for issues, and though several issues come up, can't see any for this program, and am NOT brave enough to risk Fixing selected issues, in case it causes more problems than it's worth.

Tools Section - tried to uninstall the program from there, and still get the same error message.

BigAl127 18:09 01 Jan 08

Have run Windows Installer Clean up, and this has removed the entry from add\remove programs.

Now when I try to re-install the program, it gets further than before, then still comes up with the same error message as earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…