Uninstalling a Program

wicked willy 23:57 23 Aug 03

Hi Everybody, I am running windows XP Hime Edition, and I am having a problem uninstalling a Antivirus Program called Command. I have gone into Control Panel and tried to delete ?uninstall in Add/Remove, but i Keep on getting the same message "Cannot delete atl77.dll access is denied", I have also gone into Programs and tried to delete from there also but to no avail, Please can some one help as it is driving my up the wall, and I can see the top of the wall with teeth marks showing where I have got to and that is near the edge. Bill

Belatucadrus 00:04 24 Aug 03

Software removal :- Smart uninstaller click here MyUninstaller click here

May help, but don't cost anything, so worth a shot.

wicked willy 00:24 24 Aug 03

Thank you for your mostn appreciated Help ,I have finaly got Rid of the Program, Thanks once again Belatucadrus, or do I call you "belly " for short no offence intended Bill

TommyRed 00:27 24 Aug 03

Be careful uninstalling, gather round and I'll tell you a story. I had McAfee uninstaller and used it to remove Ulead digicam software, because it wouldn't recognize my camera, kept saying it was a scanner. I thought I'd uninstall it and re-install to correct the problem, I also thought I'd archive the uninstall in case it caused any problems. Then I could always restore it later if need be. During the uninstall I was repeadetly asked if I wanted to delete a particular file, in the end i clicked 'yes to all', big mistake as it deleted some things from the registry which after a re-boot wouldn't allow me back into windows to restore the uninstall. I had taken an image of my HDD but it must have been corrupt becauseit wouldn't work. In the end I was left with no option, couldn't come here for help, but to re-format and to take an image directly after the format, you see I have no disks with my PC. It took me well over a week to recover from it but an awful lot of data was lost. So be very careful what you uninstall. TR

wicked willy 19:55 24 Aug 03

Thanks tommy Red, for yourinfo. I will try and remember what you have said , and in this wooden top of mine as my wife keeps telling me to make sure the sawdust does not leakout.Thanks once again Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…