//some 3rd party need geo

Uninstalling Office XP

Gorillaz 08:15 31 Jan 03

In an attempt to try to resolve all the problems I ahev been ahving setting up a new laptop I decided to uninstall all the software I have installed, Office XP and Norton System Works and Firwall 2003. I have just reinstalled office and have ended up with the same settings, all my mail folders are intact in fact it is exactly the same as before which has defeated the object of the exercise. How can I delete Office and start with a fresh installtion. Please do not tell me the only option is to format the drive other wise it is back to the quill and carrier pigeons for me.

Lú-tzé 08:22 31 Jan 03

For some office versions MS have an uninstall prog which should be run after the usual add/remove operation - for Office 97 / 2k it is called an eraser - it may be worth checking their site for this utility.

Sir Radfordin™ 08:27 31 Jan 03

I think it would be much better to look at the cause of the problems, and solve them rather than try and do what you are doing.

Office XP has a repair function that is very similar to re-installing it. It will check that it is still install as it should be. If it doesn't find anything wrong you should have no reason to suspect there is.

If you are re-installing all the software anyway would it not be simpler to format and start again? That is the only true way to get a clean install.

Lú-tzé 08:30 31 Jan 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B295545

for a trial version but may work for you.

Gorillaz 10:32 31 Jan 03

For anyone who has been reading and helping with the problems I ahve had with NAV/Firewall and Outlook XP I finally solved the problem in the ealy hours of the morning. I had installed NAV/Firewall and then updated all the files. I installed and uninstalled the software three times in an attempt to get it working correctly with no success. I made a mistake(?)at 3.00a.m. this morning and installed NAV thinking that I had installed the Firewall and downloaded the live update. When I dicovered that I had not installed the Firewall, I installed ran live update and voila everything has been running OK.
Hope this helps nyone else who has had similar probelms.

Lú-tzé 12:35 31 Jan 03

Good to know that - could well be a useful tip for another query. Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Gorillaz 15:09 31 Jan 03

No probs only to pleased to post something that others may find usefull after all the help I have had from the forum over the past few days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…