Uninstalling Office 2000 Disc 2

Tigger2 17:19 24 Aug 03

Can anyone suggest a way around this one…….

During a recent house move I lost my Office 2000 discs. Having decided to re-install a new copy I cannot un-install Disc 2 from my PC without the original copy. Can anyone suggest a way around this???

xania 18:39 24 Aug 03

I wouldn't bother. I think you will find that installing your new copy over the top will work quite well enough.

keith-236785 20:55 24 Aug 03

if you find your new office will not install then you could try this

on your Office cd is a file called OFFCLN9, if you search for it then run it, it should remove any stubborn files, you should then be ok to install your new office over the top of your old one.

good luck

if all else fails then a format/re-install would solve it but that is a bit drastic.

or you could always try Easy office from E-Press, its free.

Tigger2 11:56 25 Aug 03

Thanks for the ideas guys....unfortunately no joy with either. The PC detects that Office 2000 is already installed & assumes I want to "Repair" it which the new disc will not do because the PC knows it's not the original disc!!!

Offcln9 looked good but only looks for "old" versions of Office ie '95 or '97. It didn't see the need to remove any Office 2000 applications....

Microsoft....doncha just love 'em!!!

seedie 12:19 25 Aug 03

Try accessing your new Office disk 1 and type SETUP

Alternatively remove the office folder from your HD and let it re-install. If the new disk is looking at the registry you could have a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple