Uninstalling Norton360 V.2.0.

frostysnowman 17:35 02 Aug 08

I am currently using Norton360 on the 15 day trial. I wish to remove it but I am confused as to which method is best to ensure a clean uninstall. Can you use the Norton Removal Tool available from the Symantec web site to uninstall the program or do you have to use the uninstaller in Add/Remove Programs? I have also read somewhere that if you uninstall Norton360 you have to use something called BUDump.exe. This is something to do with the back-up service. I did not use the back-up service within the program, so does this not apply to me? Thanks for any advice.

birdface 18:01 02 Aug 08

click here it does say that it removes Norton 360.

rdave13 18:03 02 Aug 08

I got rid of Norton by making sure that all in the suit was disabled. Then ran their uninstaller. In my case it was the 2008 version. Yours should be 360. Don't know about the back-up service as I've had no problems after uninstall.
click here

frostysnowman 18:06 02 Aug 08

Thanks for your reply. I read somewhere that you should only use the Norton Removal Tool if the Add/Remove method does not work. However, from experience of uninstalling Norton Programs before I would rather use the removal tool. Would there be any problems in using the removal tool and not the add/remove method? Thanks for any advice.

rdave13 18:10 02 Aug 08

When I uninstalled Norton I didn't use the add/remove in C.P.

frostysnowman 19:44 02 Aug 08

Thanks for your replies. Since I have my drive imaged I thought I would do a dummy run and I first used the Add/Remove Uninstaller. This seemed to work but when I rebooted I had a balloon pop up stating 'Found New Hardware' and one after the other my optiucal drives were found.I then reimaged and tried the Norto Removal Tool, this was successful and I did not get the pop up balloon. Any ideas why Ihad the 'Found New Hardware' before?

rdave13 19:54 02 Aug 08

No idea, sorry, but then you are working with the all pervasive Norton..;)

sunny staines 21:16 02 Aug 08

after using NRT also check windows explorer afterwards and delete any norton & symantec folder and check the registry for norton & symantec keys delete them too[ rember back up first].

frostysnowman 10:32 10 Dec 08

Thanks for your sdvice and sorry for the delay in replying.

ravendawson 15:46 21 Nov 10

The only drawback I found with regards to norton 360 is that it's very difficult to remove. It's not something that I solely encounter, but a majority of other users have this same problem too. So for those who were stuck, here's what to do if you want [click here norton 360 clean uninstall]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…