Uninstalling Norton

driving man 09:20 02 Nov 05

I have on my PC (XP home serv.pack 2) Norton Internet security and Norton Anti Virus. Both of these programs were OEM and therefore have no discs. However I want nothing more to do with Norton and want to uninstall them.However they have no uninstallers of their own (Ihave looked everywhere) and no entry in ADD/REMOVE programs in Control Panel. Any solutions to this poser will be gratefully accepted.

wallbash 09:30 02 Nov 05
  wallbash 09:40 02 Nov 05

sorry wrong one

mgmcc 09:41 02 Nov 05

Have a look at the foot of this page on Symantec's website for removal tools relating to various Norton applications. In addition to the removal instructions, you should find tools to force the removal of the programs. click here

Splork 09:45 02 Nov 05

And make sure you look for LiveReg and LiveUpdate in the Add/Remove cpl, they're part of Norton too.

ventanas 09:55 02 Nov 05

If you're using 2005 versions click here (courtesy of VoG)

Sirpad 09:57 02 Nov 05

Something is amiss. I also wanted to get rid of them recently and found them in ADD/REMOVE programs. Like you, mine were OEM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…