Uninstalling Norton 2003

hiwatt 17:06 09 Jan 10

Hi folks.I'm "cleaning up" a friend of the familys computer of quite a few viruses etc.It has norton 2003 on it which I'm trying to uninstall using the norton removal tool.It keeps saying it's an out dated version and to try the link which takes me to the same version.Does anyone know if theres a valid norton removal tool?If I cant do it with the norton removal tool I was just going to use Revo uninstaller.

Sea Urchin 17:40 09 Jan 10
  hiwatt 19:08 09 Jan 10

It's went far beyond that now I'm afraid.This machine was heavily infected and I ran combofix(I know)unadided.It's deleted a file that's stopping windows from booting.It gets to the windows xp logo and just keeps rebooting.I have the recovery console installed.Could someone help me to do a system restore from within system recovery?Thanks.

hiwatt 18:49 11 Jan 10

I ended up having to do a clean install of windows.Will click as resolved now.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…