Uninstalling NIS 2004 with SymNRT

frostysnowman 15:55 29 Sep 05

I currently run NIS 2004 and am about to upgrade to NIS 2005. Having contacted Symantec re advise on how to install NIS 2005 upgrade they recommend me to uninstall NIS 2004 first using the Add/Remove program. Since I have an image of my hard drive I thought that I would do a 'dummy run' first to see if the program uninstalled correctly. On running the Add/Remove program and choosing NIS to remove, the program runs and after a while states that NIS 2004 was removed successfully. However on looking again at the list in the Add/Remove program there is still an entry for 'Live Update'. When I select this it states that the program may have already been removed and asks me if I wish to remove the program from the Add/Remove list. What I am wondering is can I also use the Norton removal tool (SymNRT) to make sure that everything has been removed. Thanks for any advise.

VoG II 16:05 29 Sep 05

Yes you can.

frostysnowman 11:12 06 Jun 08

Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…