Uninstalling Limewire

provider 2 16:21 03 Mar 07

There seems to be a lot of conflicting advice about uninstalling Limewire when it is not listed in Add/Remove or All Programs.
Is there a most effective way to do it without having to go into the registry?

birdface 16:24 03 Mar 07

See if it is in C Cleaner,And delete it from there.

provider 2 16:25 03 Mar 07

Can`t see it in C Cleaner either,buteman.

provider 2 16:31 03 Mar 07

There are 21 files referring to it in documents and settings but none of them mentions uninstall.

lindyloo4 16:51 03 Mar 07

Try Start-Programs-Limewire-uninstall. That's where I can see the option to uninstall.
Hope it helps.

lindyloo4 16:53 03 Mar 07

Meant to say Limewire also appears in my CCleaner too.

provider 2 16:56 03 Mar 07

Not there, lindyloo4. It doesn`t seem to be anywhere readily accessible which is why I`m not at all sure of how to remove it. I don`t think just deleting the files is the way to remove it properly.

lindyloo4 17:08 03 Mar 07

Sorry Provider2, I'm now at a loss. I don't like to say it Limewire also appears in my Add/Remove programs too. Salt into the wound sorry.

provider 2 17:13 03 Mar 07

Not at all. Fact is it could be my son has deliberately hidden access to it when he knew I was less than delighted with this file-sharing milarky on my pc. Now that he has his own, I want to get rid of it completely.

birdface 17:56 03 Mar 07

Might find something here.click here but no easy method.

Kate B 20:02 03 Mar 07

provider2, I suggest you set up a limited user account for him ASAP. If you're going to upgrade to Vista, it's got excellent parental controls - you can control where he goes on the internet, what applications he can use and what hours he can use the machine. And of course stop him installing or downloading anything.

If he's downloading stuff, you must - if you don't already - really keep on top of regular scans with all the anticrapware. Files via Limewire are a guaranteed way to get virus, trojans and other unwelcome junk on your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…