uninstalling integrated graphics board

conco 16:20 16 Mar 03

HELP! Please could anyone tell me how to uninstall my integrated graphics board, as I am trying to install and use a 3D Prophet 4000 XT 64MB graphics card. I have tryed the manufacturers web page but it does not seem to responed. Please someone put me out of my misery.
Thank you
conco.

powerless 16:25 16 Mar 03

You cannot uninstall the card as it is built in.

You have to disable it via the BIOS. When your computer is starting keep tapping the DELETE key. Within the BIOS look for "Onboard Graphics" and set it to disable.

Remove all traces of the card by going to Add/Remove in the Control Panel and look for display adapters...Just remove...Then install the new card.

cream. 16:42 16 Mar 03

They are usually 4 methods.

The one that Powerless mentions is the most common.

The second way, for older boards, is that their is a jumper on the mother board. This has enable and disable.

The third way, for newer boards is to just plug the card in and this immediately disables the on-board graphics.

The fourth way and this is not really a way. Is that the boards video chipset cannot be over-ridden and the only way is to get a new motherboard.

conco 16:47 16 Mar 03

Thanks for the tip Powerless but "onboard graphics" isn't listed in my bios.

conco 16:50 16 Mar 03

this is a response to THE VILLAGE IDIOT,
How old Is a "Older Mother board"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…