Uninstalling Firefox

ponytail 13:42 26 Jul 10

I have just tried to uninstall Mozilla Firefox by going into add or remove programs but when I click on remove nothing happens tried it now four or five times but it is still there.When I click on remove the screen just seems to flash and nothing else.Any ideas

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:48 26 Jul 10

click here

If the Uninstall Wizard does not run, you can start it manually, by running C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe.

ponytail 17:38 26 Jul 10

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ have done what you suggested and get the same problem when I get to to helper.exe an then click on that nothing happens.I keep clicking and nothing. Any ideas

cocteau48 17:48 26 Jul 10

Maybe try a re-install followed by another attempt to uninstall.

ponytail 17:57 26 Jul 10

this may be connected I installed opera this afternoon but now I have uninstalled it.Now when I click on any shortcut to any web site such as my bank or even PCA I get the message Windows cannot open this file.File: Default.HTM.to open this file windows needs to know what program created it.Igot this message even when I clicked on my google shortcut

ponytail 18:50 26 Jul 10

I have now uninstalled opera again but now when I click on a particular shortcut be it my bank or PCA I get asked what what program I need to use to open it and I choose IE and click on always use this program to open this type of file but the next time I go back to that shortcut I get the same message

ponytail 18:55 26 Jul 10

I just want IE should not have tried to change it any one have any ideas on how to go back to just IE cannot seem to uninstall Mozilla Firefox tried everything.Going to try and install it again and see what happens.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:00 26 Jul 10

Delete the Firefox folder that contains the Profiles folder and the profiles.ini file

Start - Run (Search)

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

ponytail 19:03 26 Jul 10

I just reinstalled firefox and then went into add o remove programs and it has now gone just left with the other problem

ponytail 19:12 26 Jul 10

hI Fruit Bat/\0/\ The only problem now is when I click on one of my shortcuts I get asked what program I want to use to open the file with and I click on IE and tick always use this program to open this type of file but surely there must be a way of opening these files without having to go through all this.When I normally click on a shortcut to say my bank it comes straight up how do I get back to this.IE needs to be the default browser surely but how .

cocteau48 19:17 26 Jul 10

Sounds as though you may have,when you installed Opera,made it your default browser.

If you reinstall Opera does everything work ?

Try resetting IE as your default browser under Tools/Internet Options/Programs .... and then uninstall Opera again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5