Uninstalling D/L program

Cannuck 10:38 28 Jan 07

Some time ago I downloaded Power Point 2003 Viewer from Microsoft. Last night I downloaded their new version, 2007.

My problem is I can't uninstall the old version.

I'm running Win XP and when I try to uninstall the old PPV, I get asked to put the original disk in drive 1.

I downloaded and didn't save the original (just "ran" it), so I have nothing to go to to uninstall the program.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cannuck

howard64 10:58 28 Jan 07

you could look at manually uninstalling it but that will be a hard task - alternatively the cover dvd a few issues back had a free copy of cccleaner on it or you can download it for free. The second tab down called issues allow you to uninstall progs and this will do a good job for you.

Cannuck 11:35 28 Jan 07

Have ccleaner, used it, and uninstalled part manually, but there is still a part somewhere on the machine which I can't find (4.5mb)

"Search" shows it's there, but when I try to get to it in Explorer, I can't find it.

Cannuck 16:53 28 Jan 07

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…