Uninstalling Direct X9

Booboy 20:55 07 Mar 03

Hi

I bought a game a while back, and I needed DirectX 8.1 to run it, I downloaded DirectX9 thinking this would be OK, but when I tried to play my game my PC had disabled my ability to play games as my sound video card can't handle DirectX9, thing is I can't find it to Uninstall it! I've tried Add Remove programes on the control panel, and doing a search for the file by right clicking on the Start Button, but can't find it, where is it? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks, Jim

bremner 21:00 07 Mar 03

From MS Site

DirectX 9.0 is a system component and cannot be uninstalled. If there is a problem with the DirectX installation, it can normally be resolved by shutting down all running applications and reinstalling. As mentioned previously, DirectX 9.0 is fully backward-compatible with titles written for previous versions of DirectX. If you are having other problems after installing DirectX 9.0, these can often be resolved by installing updated drivers for your display card, audio card, or input device.

As with most software, users of Windows ME and Windows XP have the option of creating a “System Restore point" before installing. System Restore points allow you to roll back your operating system to a time before the software was installed. If you feel there are special circumstances which may necessitate removal of DirectX. It is recommended that you create a System Restore point. Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, and Windows 2000 do not support the "System Restore" feature.

For information on creating a restore point, please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:

Stokey 21:26 07 Mar 03

As a point of interest to gamers who have not read the article I saw, apparently there are no games available at the moment that actually need Direct X9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…